Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lehi Wind Storm

Anyone that has ever lived in or near Lehi know that the wind storms out here can be quite fierce.

This is where my story begins...

Kade and I left the house about 9:30 we had an appointment to get his haircut at the local hair school. (Not part of the story... but while there the girl cutting his hair cut his ear... it was bleeding) I drove home as quick as possible with the cries of an unhappy boy in the backseat. He was tired, hungry and just fed up of being in the car.

We soon arrived home and within seconds of walking in the door we were greeting by Chewy, she was ready to go outside and take care of business. I already had Kade in my arms and thought he would enjoy being outside as much as the dog.

We got outside and Kade frown turned right side up into a HUGE smile. The weather was quite nice considering it was the beginning of December. As they played the slight breeze starting picking up... I soon realized that we needed to get inside before we all blew away.

We got inside and immediately knew Kade needed a nap. I layed him down and within minutes he was fast asleep. I went to the family room and turned the TV on. I needed to catch up on my episodes of Scream Queens (VH1). I watched for a few minutes and then suddenly everything went dead. The wind had caused a power outage.

What to do...hmmm....

I thought about cleaning my house and how pleased Mike would be... then out of the corner of my eye I saw it...

TWILIGHT

I began reading and thought to myself I will read for a few minutes until the power goes back on. The beginning of the book was a lot like the movie... I had a hard time trying to image my own story as the movie was constantly in my head. I keep reading and suddenly the power came back and within minutes was crying from his room.

I looked at the thinking that was NOT a long nap and to my surprise an hour and a half had flown by. I marked my book and realized I had read over 100 pages. (This is a great thing for me as I havent read a book in 10+ years... sad I know)

That was the first night I dreamed of Edward...

I awoke the next morning with a list of errands that needed to be ran. I waited till after Kade's nap to go out of the house but kept busy all morning picking up the house.

We arrived home about 5:45 pm. Mike was already home and was past ready to eat. I quickly made dinner. We watched two episode of Heroes after dinner and then went to bed. Mike was out within 10 minutes. I flipped through the channels as I often did late at night. I soon realized NOTHING was on TV... then in the back of my it came...

TWILIGHT

I picked up the book and started reading. A while later Mike woke up and turned over to look at the time, blinded by the lamp he asked, "What time is it?" I looked at the clock and was shocked to see it was already 1:30 am. He rolled over and fell back asleep. At that point I told myself that I would only read for 30 more minutes... that would make it an even four I told myself. I looked at the page number and only had about 50 pages left... I thought to myself... I can make it.

I began reading again and soon I was turning the last pages of the story. It was 2:00. I turned out the light and went to sleep.

This was the second night I dreamed of Edward...



I apologize for the long story... but WOW! What a book! I loved it... every page. I am ready to go see the movie again.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay, Pam! We have brought you over to the dark side!! Yummy, isn't it?!?!?

Lindsay said...

I want to see the movie again to. So we should plan something and go. Just wait until you read the rest of them....they are all just as good.

Kristi said...

Welcome to the Edward/Twilight Fan Club. We're glad to have you!! Just wait until you read the rest!

Gayla said...

My opinion...The movie was so much better the second time. I wasn't thinking about all the stuff that they didn't put in it and was able to just enjoy the movie. I want to see it again- 3rd time. My favorite part is the baseball scene and I made Taylor load the song from it onto my i-pod and have listened to it many, many times (replaying the scene in my head).

tiff said...

I would love to join you for another viewing of the movie. I went out and bought Twilight (I have all the others already) because I have an itch to read it again.