Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday Barbeque

We have been wanting to barbecue for some time now... but the weather hasn't been the greatest. Mike had mentioned that it would get to 70 degrees on Sunday so I planned ahead and marinated some Chicken. The chicken had been marinating for a couple of days... it tastes so much better when you give it time to soak in.

About 5:30 I went to the kitchen and started dicing the potatoes and put them into the oven... about 6:00 I told Mike that the chicken was ready to be cooked. He thought it was warm enough so we took Kade out onto the deck with us.

Imagine our surprise when we opened the barbecue and found this...


The nest was a bit more built up but we thought we could move it eggs and all. Mike grabbed the outside of the nest and lifted. All that came was the nest and the eggs stayed on the barbecue grill.

I called Mark and my Dad for advise... we really don't want to kill the birds but really need our grill back. Both said that if we touched them or tried to move the next that the mother bird would not come back. With that told to us we thought that the mother would not come back with what we already did. We watched out the window for about 15 min and the mother bird came back twice.

What do we do?? How long before the eggs hatch and do we really want baby birds in our grill?

4 comments:

Tandi Davis said...

That is crazy Pam! I'm not sure what to tell you, except that we had baby birds that already hatched and fell out of the roof of a shed; Jake put gloves on and put them back in and I believe the mother came back. Maybe you could slide a piece of cardboard or something underneath the nest and eggs and then move them??? Good luck!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Pam this is Jake, I dont think Tandi would give you this good of an idea.. I think you should get a pot of water and boil the eggs and just pretend you are in china, because that's got to be some kind of a delicacy... GOOD EATIN--

Tandi Davis said...

Jake, you're horrible!